Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tulsa Zoo and Casa Bonita!!!

Yesterday Dustin, Kate and I went to Tulsa to eat at Casa Bonita and visit the Tulsa Zoo with Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie Megs. It was such a beautiful spring day and we had so much fun!!

First we ate at Casa Bonita. Kate was fascinated with the decor of the restaurant! She loved the waterfall that was in our room. Next we went to take a picture of Dustin and Kate in "El Pokey". Then on to the arcade room to play a couple games and ride the little merry-go-round.





After eating at Casa Bonita we ventured to the Tulsa Zoo. We all took Kate last year when she was 9 months old so I was anxious to see how she would react to the animals now that she knows what the standard zoo animals look like. Unfortunately, there is still no polar bear at the zoo! We were so disappointed. Last year, the polar bear had just died so we were hoping there would be a new one. I'm not sure how zoos acquire their animals but we hope they get another polar bear soon! Another thing that was closed was the petting zoo...during the middle of the day! Evidently it is only open from 10-2 on weekdays. The zoo must be assuming everyone is napping then I guess...another disappointment:( The last and final disappointment of the day was the sea lion exhibit being closed. It is being remodeled and is due to be open Spring 2011....we'll see. All in all it was fun and Kate enjoyed getting to walk around the zoo like a big girl. Grandpa, her best buddy, was her personal tour guide. It was so cute to see him pointing everything out to her. Momma loves it that her little monkey learned more vocabulary words!!! {Yes, I am a nerd...remember I LOVE books and I am a first grade teacher:)}












No comments:

Post a Comment