Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kate's First Road Trip---9+hours!!!!!

Last weekend we (Dustin, Kate, me, Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie Megs) made the long trip to Iowa for a graduation. It was in LeMars, Mom's hometown, and we were excited to go! Kate did a very good job on the car ride coming and leaving. It was very hot when we went. Because the graduation was held in the gym, there were tons of people and it was very hot! Dustin, Megan and I took Kate back to the hotel for a nap and to cool off. We cooled off but the nap was non-existent which made for an interesting evening. All in all we had a good time with each other! Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Kate's first time to stay in a hotel....she had just got done jumping on the bed:)

No cameras please....I have to fix my hair!

The alter at Mom's old church....isn't it beautiful? Wish we had a church like that around here!
Original pipe organ

After Justin's graduation....it was time to party! Kate enjoyed a purple popsicle that got all over her! This was in addition to the sidewalk chalk on her dress and her leg that she decided to color. I have to say it was VERY hard for me to watch her make a huge mess. Yes I know she is almost 2 and a kid...but I have a problem---I HATE getting dirty, obviously on this day Kate did not:)



Smiles and singing on the way back home. Kate said numerous times on the way back she wanted to "go home and see our pups".

No comments:

Post a Comment